Labels

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Swingin' Chandelier






My love of color is no secret. But undertaking this project had me a little nervous. The overhaul of a vintage chandelier that had previously graced a more sophisticated setting than that which exists in my world was a bit daunting. But the texture of the chandelier arms spoke to me and I wanted them to be enhanced by a striking aqua. A coat of Kilz primer and a spray paint in a satin finish was all it took. I painted the crystals in different shades of blues and greens with regular acrylic paint. Up close they're fooling no one, but hung from the ceiling with the lights shining, they gave me the exact look of colored milk glass that I was hoping for. I'm no sewer but the chain cover was easy to make with fabric glue. I think this is a project that anyone can tackle. Even those brand new, generic-looking chandeliers from Home Depot or Loew's would work.








No comments: